1. Who was the runner from England who broke the four minute mile in 1954?
2. Which female golfer won 12 majors tournaments, including 3 U.S. Opens? She turned pro in 1947.
3. Who was the first runer since Jesse Owens to win gold medals in the 100 and 200 meter dashes in 1956?
4. This female golfer won the women’s Open in 1958 by 5 strokes. She won 13 major tournaments during her career.
5. Which golfer out of Ohio State who was known as the Whaleman or Blob-O, won the U.S. Amateur Title in 1959 and 1960?
6. She won three gold medals in the ’60 Olympics.
7. Who won the Tennis Grand Slam in 1962?
8. Who won the decathlon at the Olympic Games in Rome in 1960?
9. This runner won the 100 meter dash by seven feet at the Olympic Games in 1964. He later became an All-Pro football player for the Cowboys.
10. First black tennis player to win the U.S. Open . He did it in 1968.
answers – 1. Roger Bannister 2. Babe Didrikson Zaharias 3. Bobby Morrow 4. Mickey Wright 5. Jack Nicklaus 6. Wilma Rudolph 7. Rod Laver 8. Rafer Johnson 9. Bob Hayes 10. Arthur Ashe