Now my favorite pro running backs
1. Jimmy Brown – A punishing runner to the inside and great speed to the outside.
2. Gale Sayers – If he had had a longer career, he just might have gone to the top of the list. An electrifying runner.
3. OJ Simpson – A threat to go all the way everytime he touched the football. Simpson had sprinter’s speed.
4. Walter Payton – A resilient running back. He was versatile and seemed to be playing forever.
5. Emmitt Smith – A durable back who was the all-time rushing leader.
6. Barry Sanders – He could do it all.
7. Franco Harris – Not the fastest running back, but somehow always found a way to get the job done.
8. Jim Taylor – A real battler who loved to run over people. Had great battles with Sam Huff.
9. Paul Hornung – Mr. versatility for the Packers.
10. Earl Campbell – All strength and power, he was the Houston Oiler stalwart.