1. Penn State was held for four downs at the goal line by this team in the 1979 Sugar Bowl and lost the game. Who was their opponent?
2. Florida State, under coache Bobby Bowden, pulled the “puntrooskie” in 1988 to win the game over what team?
3. Which USC quarterback led his team to a 42-point fourth quarter capped off by a 23-yard TD pass with seconds left in the contest to beat rival UCLA?
4. Who was the BYU QB who caught a halfback pass and scored a TD in 1983 to beat Missouri in the Holiday Bowl?
5. The QB of what team threw a TD pass on 4th and 27 to get Ohio State coach Earl Bruce fired in 1987?
answers – 1. Alabama won 14-7 2. Clemson 3. Todd Marinovich 4. Steve Young 5. Iowa