Some of the finest minor league baseball in the country was being played on the site where Stadium Golf Club is now located on Jackson Avenue in Schenectady. Roger Maris, Tommy LaSorda, Rocky Colavito, Bill Skowron, Bobby Richardson, and Felipe Alou all played at McNearney Stadium. When the Schenectady Blue Jays folded in 1957, owner Pete McNearney built and ran a 9-hole golf course until 1965. The Hennel family then purchased the facility and began running a 9-hole regulation course and pitch and putt course until the early 1970s. The pitch and putt course was then closed, and it was converted into a driving range. In 1987, the Hennels opened an 18-hole golf course. In 1993, the driving range was completely sodded, and in 1995 an irrigation system fed the entire course. Stadium was one of the first area golf courses to implement a spikeless policy in 1997. A new clubhouse was constructed in 2000.