1. Who was the owner of the Boston Red Sox who sold Babe Ruth to the New York Yankees?
2. Who was the only starting pitcher to have an ERA under 2.0 during the 1950s?
3. Preacher Roe and Billy Cox were teammates on what two teams?
4. Who was the pitcher when Roger Maris hit his 61st homerun?
5. What was the nickname of Johnny Mize?
6. Which of these Dodgers did not win the Rookie of the Year Award? Junior Gilliam, Jackie Robinson, Don Newcombe, or Roy Campanella
7. On May 2, 1917 what did pitchers Hippo Vaughn of the Cubs and Fred Toney of the Reds do?
8. Who caught Henry Aaron’s 715th homerun?
9. Who was the Third baseman for the Chicago Cubs when Johnny Evers was the second baseman, Joe Tinker the shortstop, and Frank Chance the first baseman?
10. Since Ted Williams batted .406 in 1941, who has had the highest single-season batting average, and what was his average?
answers 1. Harry Frazee 2. Billy Pierce (1.97 in 1955) 3. Brooklyn Dodgers and Pittsburgh Pirates 4. Tracy Stallard 5. “The Big Cat” 6. Roy Campanella 7. They pitched baseball’s only double no-hitter through 9 innings. Vaughn lost his no-hitter and the game in the 10th inning. Toney pitched a 10th-inning complete game no-hitter 8. Tom House who was a Braves relief pitcher. He was in the bullpen 9. Harry Steinfeldt 10. Tony Gwynn (.394 in 1994)