1. Who wore number 4 for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1952?
2. Who sprinted her way to 3 gold medals in the 1988 summer Olympics?
3. Pelle Lindbergh played which sport?
4. Who did Billy Jean King beat in the Battle of the Sexes?
5. Which Walt led UCLA over Michigan to win the NCAA title in 1965?
6. Which former Cincinnati great led the Muilwaukee Bucks to the NBA title in 1971? Continue reading UCLA, The Battle of the Sexes, & The ’54 World Series
Complete their names – Answers below
1. Gato _ _ _ _ _ _
2. Sunny’s _ _ _ _
3. Proud _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4. Strike The _ _ _ _
5. Funny _ _ _ _
6. Iron _ _ _ _ _ Continue reading Kentucky Derby Winners
One of the biggest blunders in the history of horse racing took place during the Kentucky Derby in 1957. Gallant Man, ridden by the heralded jockey Willie Shoemaker, had a nice lead coming to the top of the stretch. Shoemaker, however, thought the sixteenth pole was the finish line, and he stood up in his saddle. Continue reading Willie Shoemaker Pulls Big Blunder Aboard Gallant Man