July 10, 1951 – British boxer Randy Turpin, who had never gone more than eight rounds, beat Sugar Ray Robinson in 15.
It was Robinson’s first middleweight defense since beating Jake LaMotta, and only his second loss in an 11-year career. Robinson had won 133 fights.
The answers to the following Kings of The Boxing Ring Trivia are at the bottom of this post.
1. The movie Raging Bull was about him.
2. They called him the wild bull of the Pampas.
3. This fighter beat Sugar Ray Robinson in 15 rounds.
4. Who did Sugar Ray Robinson beat to win the middleweight crown in 1951?
5. Who did Joe Louis beat to become the heavyweight champ? Continue reading Ring Kings | Boxing Trivia Questions and Answers